Our Mission: "We exist to reach out and offer people a life-changing relationship committed to Jesus Christ and to one another."

Our Beginnings: The first official service held at Zion was on Sunday, September 20, 1942. Zion's first building was located in a converted house down the street from Main Street in Pasadena. On August 26, 1951, Zion held the dedication service for the "newly" constructed church on Main Street. New buildings were added throughout the years at this location. In September 1955, the Day School's first classes were held.

Joyful Journey: In 1999, after many prayers and much study, the decision was made to relocate. Through a special spiritual renewal time, Zion chose "Joyful Journey - Moved to Serve" as words to guide and lead the congregation during the transition time. Thirty-two acres were purchased at Beltway 8 South and Crenshaw in south Pasadena. Our sister congregation, Good Shepherd of Pasadena, graciously allowed Zion to move the school into it's facilities until our buildings would be completed. Worship continued on Main St. until the property sold. Arrangements were made to rent two sections in a vacant strip mall at Pasadena Blvd. and Beltway 8. and these were hastily remodeled into a beautiful worship center and education center. We began worshiping at Lutheran South Academy (LSA) in June 2004 as we temporarily suspended operation of our school and partnered with LSA for the education of our students. 

Our Present Journey: We broke ground on our new multipurpose facility in April 2007 and dedicated the building to the glory of God on Sunday, April 27, 2008. We invite you to come and check out the exciting things that are happening at Zion.

zion

Meredith Helm

Meredith has been a member of Zion since she was a child. She went through Zion Lutheran School and Lutheran South Academy. She has her Bachelors in Early Childhood and a Masters in Reading Specialist. Meredith taught 1st grade for 11 years. She is a wife and mother of 3...

Charlotte Wood

Charlotte has been an active member of Zion for many years. She been head of many boards during this time. She is always there to lend a helping hand. 

Phyllis Mueller

Phyllis began attending church at Zion when her son entered Kindergarten, which was 28 years ago. Since that time, she steadily became involved by doing school volunteer work which led to doing church volunteer work as well. Phyllis began working in September on 1994. She worked as the school secretary...

David L. Sawhill

Pastor Sawhill has been at Zion since 1989. He has been senior pastor since 1992. He previously served several parishes in the Midwest. Pastor Dave finds his greatest joy in ministry in preaching and teaching the truth of God’s precious Word. In his personal life he loves each minute spent...